Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's Word of the Day

Greetings Minna (everyone)! So, I realized I haven't posted one of these in a few days and thought I should remedy that, so today's Word of the Day is:

大丈夫 (Daijoubu). This is a word you will hear a lot, like a whole lot. You'll hear it in movies, shows, songs and on the street in regular speech. It basically means, 'I'm ok', or when posed as a question, 'Are you ok?' This answer can mean being fine in the physical sense, as in, if you just fell but you're not badly injured, you could reply with 'Daijoubu.' On the other hand, it can also apply to emotional well being. If you've just had a heartbreak, or even a big scare and people ask you, 'Daijoubu desu ka,' and you want to reply in the affirmative, you'd say, 'Daijoubu.'

Well then I hope that was educational for everybody, and I'll talk to you cats later!

No comments:

Post a Comment