Monday, July 6, 2009

Word of the Day/Week


I'm going to try doing this as often as I can. I'll introduce a word in Japanese that I think might be useful for you guys to know.

Word of the Day/Week: Nukumori (n)、温もり

Nukumori means warmth, and you will probably hear it often used in Japanese pop and rock songs. It is often used in phrases like 'Kimi no nukumori' (Your warmth) or 'Te no nukumori' (The warmth of your hand), and expresses a sort of, kindness or fondness often in one's memory. While it does mean literal warmth, it goes beyond that to often mean the warmth of the person it's connected to.

In other news, I wanted to wish Shou from alice nine., a belated Happy Birthday (because we all know he reads English little known blogs). Even so, 誕生日おめでとうございます! They tell me he's 28 now, and still looking freaking amazing, if I may say so myself. Well, catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment