Monday, October 12, 2009

Wife and Mother for a Day

Well, today was rather eventful because me, my host brother and my host mom took the two neighbor kids to Disney Sea today. That handsome young chap in the picture with me there, is my host brother. It's not a very flattering picture because, like a dumbass, I forgot to put the flash back to manual, so our faces are smeared everywhere. Well anyways, because he and I had the kids all day, and since we are similar in age, it only follows to any onlookers that we are a married couple taking our kids out (which a nice lady from the neighborhood/friend of my host mom pointed out when she asked him if this was his family). But, I have to admit, having random strangers think that Taka is my husband and the adorable twins with us were mine is a major compliment. I must be getting towards those dreaded childbearing years, because I was actually not minding taking little kids around a very packed Disneyland.

Anywho...So in Tokyo there is Disney Land (Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, princesses, etc) and then there is Disney Sea, which is where we went. Within, as go the Disney parks, there are different little worlds. There is a place like New York, with a broadway play house for shoes, and a New York deli and department store where you can get Duffy (a stuffed bear only to be found at Disney Sea; he is their trademark). There is the Tower of Terror, which has a different backstory than ours, a huge ocean liner that seemed full sized to me, which I think harbors a stage as well as a restaurant, there's a section that looks like Cape Cod (just like it), then there's Indy land (Indiana Jones), and then Little Mermaid Lagoon (with a good-sized castle built like Triton's in the film), Arabian Nights (or whatever it's called; it's Alladin's world), and then a 2,000 Leagues Under the Sea place which is where the Volcano is, and in the middle is the huge, open lake where they have the light show, similar to the open water in Epcot, but smaller. Because it's getting near to Halloween, the place was decked out with pumpkins and masks and all sorts of Halloween decorations. When you're there, you have to get a stuffed Duffy bear, because if you don't, you're not one of the cool kids. Everyone has them. The merchandise is all uber cute compared to what I'm used to, but true to form, very little, if any, is of the princesses. The big characters here are Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Goofy and Stitch. If those aren't your favorites, be prepared for a bit of a let down (merchandise wise). Word to the wise, Fast Pass the Journey to the Center of the Earth or the Indy Jones ride, because if you don't, you'll be in line for at least two hours (literally). One thing is, I expected lines, but we only found one that was under an hour, and that was a kiddy coaster. So, be prepared to wait. One thing is, in Japan, you get in a hurry to wait. Well, that's all for now. I put a new folder up on my photobucket for today's trip. Enjoy!
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g214/celebgil05/First%20Few%20Days/Disney%20Sea/

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous. That is one place I would love to go. He is so cute, does he have a friend????

    ReplyDelete