Friday, May 14, 2010

Projections to the Future

Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

So, I know that once again I have fallen behind in my blogging duties, but you have to believe that there really hasn't been much to blog about so far. This is my 'off time' I suppose, where I have to deal with classes and homework and all that perfectly horrible, mandatory nonsense that is, at it's base, the very reason why I am here.

However, there is a shadow of more interesting things to come. This week is the week of fending for myself, as the greater part of my host family is taking a week vacation to Hawaii. While this seemed novel at first, a chance to stay up late and sleep in, I see now that, in fact, it is my school schedule, not my host family that holds me back. So, no sleeping in for me. But, this week, a friend from my American college is coming on a school field trip, and it just so happens that Sunday is her 'free day' to roam around Tokyo, and she's asked me to give her a whirl wind tour. She, like me, is interested in Jrock, so I will, of course, be taking her to the few Jrock stores that I know exist here, as well as going to a very fancy, reservations only Butler cafe in Ikebukuro, called Swallowtail. Our plans are to round out our time together by, oh yes, you guessed it...going to a host club. I'm slightly anxious about this venture, as any reasonable person would be, I think, considering it's expensive, founded on conversation (in Japanese), and not in the best neighborhood. But, you only live once, right?! And, failing that, my host mom and some of her friends are planning a bus tour to a host club next month, myself included. So, one way or the other, I will leave Japan having been to a host club. The video below is a clip of some event planned by the host club I'm hoping we'll be going to, and all the guys in it are hosts that work there. Well, one way or the other, it shall be an adventure and I will certainly have something to report! Til Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment